Prospect Park (2.0.0) Developer Beta 2¶
The following document covers the latest changes in AliceOS Prospect Park (v. 2.0.0).
- Apps can now write starup/login services via
applicationWillLaunchAtLogin()and check for System Events permissions with
- Notfications and alerts in AppKit are now invoked in a new context instead of interrupting the current one.
- The 48 pixel icon entry in
ASAppRepresentativehas been re-added.
- If unimplemented,
applicationWillLaunch()will log a warning in the terminal.
- Messages now displays a "Coming Soon" alert when launched from the Desktop.
- Apps on the desktop will invoke
applicationWillLaunchas a Ren'Py function callback instead of calling the Python function directly to prevent continuous calls.
- The main views in Desktop now have empty parameter lists to resolve linter warnings.
- The Desktop doesn't hide the quick menu.
ASDesktopdoesn't work in Ren'Py screen language when calling it as a button action.
- Use Ren'Py's
Functioncall to run
showDesktop()or make a call directly to the screen.
- Notification banners do not make a sound.
- Include a sound in your applet and make a wrapper around
- The bootloader will now attempt to run any authorized startup services in a new thread.
- An optional
bootViewparameter allows developers to set a custom boot screen to display instead of the default.
- ScreenKit has been introduced as a means of creating user interfaces for AliceOS using Ren'Py's screen language and styling.
- Styles for frames, vertical and horizontal boxes, text, checkbox buttons, vertical scrollbars, and push buttons have been implemented.
ASInterfaceTitlebarhas been implemented as a smaller component to add a title bar to a given frame.
- The main interface has been written entirely with ScreenKit and displays information from system definitions.
- App Manager has been introduced as a means of managing an app's permissions and viewing details about the app.
- Apps in App Manager list their permissions as toggleable checkboxes.